Sunday 27 January 2013

Why Did You Preach So Long?

A man said one day, said, "A minister came up, he had been a pastor at the church for twenty years. And he always preached just exactly thirty minutes each Sunday morning at his church." And he said, "This Sunday morning, he preached three hours."
And so the deacon board called him in, and said, "Pastor, we really appreciate you." Said, "We always know that--that you stand for the Bible and Its rights." And said then, "And you always correct us so we can be feel pure and clean before God. And we really appreciate you, and we believe you're God's servant. And we certainly did appreciate that message this morning. But," said, "there is just one thing that we want to ask you about." Said, "We timed you, as a deacon board." Said, "Every Sunday morning you're just exactly thirty minutes, and today you were three hours." Said, "Now, remember, we appreciate every bit of it. It was all right." Making the old fellow feel good, you know.
He said, "Well, brethren, I'll tell you how it is." Said, "Every morning when I go to... I'm called to the pulpit," said, "I put one of those little Life Savers in my mouth," he said, "and I just suck on it." And said, "When the Life Saver is done," said, "it takes just thirty minutes," and said, "then I quit preaching." He said, "You know, this morning, I thought I was a little overtime. I spit it out, I had a button in my mouth."
Brother Branham

No comments:

Post a Comment