Wednesday 28 September 2016

Why, didn't you receive it?



28 Person who will get a grammar school education, stick their hat on the side their head, and put a fifty dollar coat around it, and walk out here thinking you're something, remember, you was born just like anybody else was born. You had the same messy birth that anybody else had. Let me tell you: you're nothing anyhow to begin with. And then, if—the only way you'll ever get out of that condition is to be reborn by the Spirit of God, and It does something to you that makes your head in above the eagles, 'cause you're reborn. And God's going to ask you, "Why, didn't you receive it? What's the matter? What was the cause?" Well, it's not going to be because you say, "I never heard it preached," because you have. If you didn't go to the church, you heard it on the radio sometime; you see it in the papers, on tracts on the street. You've heard it. God's going to say, "Why didn't you? Why? I made the way. I sent My man. I sent My apostles. I sent My prophets. I sent My Holy Spirit. I showed signs and wonders. I proved by these operations of these gifts, and by the preaching of the Gospel, through the Bible, that It was Me. Now, why, didn't you receive it?" There you are. 

29 Reminds me like in… Someone asked me the question the other night about Hebrews 10, where they who willfully have sinned, willfully, and have to renew themselves unto repentance. Why, there's nothing left for them, but the fearful looking for the judgment. "He that despise Moses' law, died under two or three witnesses. How much sorer punishment, suppose though worthy, who has trod the Blood of Jesus Christ under their feet, and counted It an unholy thing, done despite to the works of grace…" I said, "You read over in Deuteronomy 14, where that those spies, Israelites, went with Caleb and Joshua right up to the border land, and they tasted the grapes that come from the land. But when they went back, they were unbelieving and cowards, said, 'Oh, we can't take it; it's too much for us. Oh, they look like grasshoppers, we do, up beside of them. The cities are all walled in. We cannot take it.' But Caleb stilled them, and Joshua, said, 'We can take it. We're more than able. Yet, we being the minority, but we can take it.' Why? Those spies was looking at conditions, what the price they'd have to pay, but Caleb and Joshua was looking at a promise of God. God said, 'I have given you that land, go possess it.'" 

30 Glory. The Holy Ghost is for whosoever's called to this wedding supper. I don't care what price you have to pay, go get it. God said it's yours. If you don't get it, then He's going to ask you, "Why didn't you get it? Why? It was there for you." If they didn't possess the land, why? "There was too many against us." He said, "Well, if God said, 'If I'm for you, who could be against you?'" It's there. What's the matter? There's something wrong with the individual. Now, now, watch. He said, "Many…"

   60-0309 - Why?

   Rev. William Marrion Branham
   http://table.branham.org

No comments:

Post a Comment