Friday 24 August 2012

Pure Silver


by: chata

Beguiling is gold; seductive its glitter
Call me not ambitious: I just want a little
Searching for it, I’ve gone to Ophir
Life or death, that precious they till.

Sweat and blood run down my brow

Each pace nearer my heart is thrilling
One more step to the end of the bow
My day’s come! Endeavour’s awarding.

Glowing jewels the world proffers

Lest it slip, I should firmly hold
Eyes are glad but spirit suffers
“Treasures in heaven not in the world”

Not many days I will soon be gone

My life’s memory will be another adage
A rose that bloom then withers with the sun
For life is a book– with start and ending page.

At God’s judgment seat, nothing is hid

Works of master, maiden, or kid
Reward for him with spirit richer
His works are tried… pure silver.

1 comment: